I know it has been a while since I have been on here!! I am happy to say I don't plan (fingers crossed) on being away from my crafting for that long again!! I missed it sooo much!! I had decided in the beginning of the summer to convert an old shed to my new crafting room!! Well I began the renovation and that same week we had a HUGE forest fire (Wallow Fire)!!This pic is of the sun trying to shine through the smoke and ash that was in the air. It was taken at about 7:45am!! It was like this every morning and would lighten up as the day went on.
This was taken from our front porch when the fire was still approx. 6 miles away!! That is smoke not the clouds!!:/
And by the end of that first week we were forced to evacuate. I never felt that our home was in danger of burning down, however, we were close enough that the air quality was not good!! We only live 1 1/2 miles (appx.) from where the forest tree line was burning!! We were fortunate to be able to stay with my in-laws in Phoenix for the week of the evacuation. As soon as the order was lifted and we were ready to come home, our vehicle decided to break down. So we were "stuck" for another 1 1/2 weeks so the dealership could fix it!! I am thankful it happened when it did, as our warranty is up in another 4000 miles!! That would have been one PRICEY repair!! When we did finally return my AWESOME parents and I worked non-stop to complete the "craft shed"!! I am SOOOOOO BLESSED to have such caring parents!! It was such a fun little journey/learning experience (we are DEFINATELY not experienced construction workers)!!!! I am proud of us though!! My Dad and I did all the electrical (without getting electrocuted) and he built the little front porch!! My Mom and I did all the insulating, drywall, texture, painting, flooring, cabinets, and finish work! Whew!! I don't want to bore you so I will be posting some pic's of my new "craft room" after I get it all organized!! And then back to crafting!!:) God Bless!!
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Glad everything is OK after the fire and how exciting about your new craft haven. Can't wait to see the pics.
Welcome back!! We missed you around here :)
Glad everyone is safe and congrats on the new space...looking forward to seeing the pictures!
Phew Glad you are back. And Its so good you have crafting space again. I emailed you re: Jacob coming to visit but haven't heard. He would still love to come visit! He is in California at the moment. He is heading into Provo Headquarters too! lol. Let me know if you have room in your new Scrapshed for Jacob and his koala. Can't wait to see your crafty organised space! xx
Post a Comment