CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Birthday card for my Super Man!!:)

My hubby has a birthday coming on Tuesday and my son and I call him our Super Man! This is a special title that was given to him by our son during the time my husband was in a coma. It came about when I tried to explain to our son what the situation was and he told me...."Mom, don't worry!! My Dad is going to be okay, he's Superman!!". (He was 11 years old at the time of the accident.) Of course I was dying inside thinking, "omg he doesn't understand the severity of the situation!!". But my little boy taught me something that day. He had an unbreakable faith and love in God and his Dad. And I still believe to this day the Lord comforted him and gave him peace in is heart. He would just tell me he just KNEW he would be okay. That little boy never cried until the day his Dad woke from his coma! Just tears of joy!

And though the journey is still ongoing, our Superman has surpassed every goal the doctors had set for his recovery. Both of 'my boys' have taught me so much through these years. So Tuesday we will celebrate LIFE!! A BEAUTIFUL LIFE!! And I just have to say.....THANK YOU JESUS!!
Thnx for stopping by!!:)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Your story made me cry. I love your card so neat!!

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

That is a fantastic card and a beautiful story of your son's positive attitude. That is the superman I have made for my son's wall in vinyl. He faces some vision challenges but you could never tell him, because he is superman too! With the love of a child who believes he is superman, you hubby will find immense strength. x

Arlene said...

This is cute! I am a new follower, so glad I found you...your blog is inspirational.

Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment